CoffeeCup Image Mapper map file

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thoughts from abroad.

September 15, 2001 11:34AM
<a href="[www.pemberley.com] src="/emote/ramt.gif" align=left hspace=8 vspace=4 border=0></a>My husbands great friend- a headmaster in Bradford ,Yorkshire has just phoned.At the football match this afternoon there was a minutes silence and the Star Spangled Banner was sung live by a soprano.This is quite poignant as Bradford football ground sufered its own tragedy a few years back with a terrible fire taht killed many of its supporters.So tis not sur[rising they sympathise in these terrible times.
A friend of mine on holiday in York has just phoned to say she attended the memorial servie inYork to day- and taht it was a tremendously moving expereince.If any of you ahve been to teh Minster- Debra R I think you ahve- you can imagine .
And last night at choir practice my little girl learned the "Battle Hymn of the Republic- for our serivice in our church( which two of you at least have seen) in our lttle village.I will be threr.A collection is to be made.As we are connected to the USA quite strongly in this county- our Boston was the original , you know!- it seems very appropriate tthat the Churches are helping out.
And to those who feel quilty about enjoying yourself at the moment.Consider this.I discussed this with my mother - a 76 year old who lived her formative years throughout the Second World War in Birmingham- yes- close to COventry and you can imagine jsut how it was bombed.
She said taht at the start of that conflict every entertainment was closed down as many thouht it innappropriate.And then everyone got so demoralised - they had to reopen things quickly.She has sat through "Gone With The Wind" in a bombing raid as she wanted to see just what ahppended at the end!
So- what I am saying is- as she put it-life is for living, and there is a time to grieve but also a time to be happy and rejoice- otherwise the ememy ,whoever they may be,has won.
THinking of you all lots.
Love from
Julie W
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Posted

» Thoughts from abroad.

JulieW September 15, 2001 11:34AM

More thoughts from abroad and all my sympathies

Nina September 15, 2001 08:33PM

The services from DC and London helped

Inko September 15, 2001 03:41PM

Read some Austen, honey

Laraine September 15, 2001 05:40PM

Adding my thoughts from abroad

Kate2 September 15, 2001 12:10PM

My response to the events...

Stacy Lynn September 15, 2001 12:46PM

Your feelings are very normal

AnnPac September 15, 2001 01:35PM

Perhaps...

Sabrina September 15, 2001 02:14PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.