CoffeeCup Image Mapper map file

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My response to the events...

Stacy Lynn
September 15, 2001 12:46PM
<a href="[www.pemberley.com] src="/emote/flow.gif" align=left hspace=8 vspace=4 border=0></a>]]very best reply to the men of violence, of whatever denomination, is to send a clear message that they haven't cowed you into hiding, or broken your spirit.This is best achieved by determinedly carrying on with life as nearly normally as possible. So open the stores and schools and theatres, play your sporting fixtures, let the kids have their birthday parties and let THEM know;
For me, it isn't being afraid or having my spirit broken. I can't help but think that there should be a period of mourning before I begin to go out and enjoy myself - it feels too disrespectful to the thousands who have died or lie injured or for the families of those victims to simply get back to "business as usual." It doesn't matter that I don't know any of these people personally - what happened was so horrific that those who were victims deserve that time from the rest of us to pay respect to their lives. At least that's how I feel - and I know that not everyone deals with this in the same way so everyone has to do what they feel is best.
I am getting together with friends tonight, thought part of me doesn't want to - it feels a little like taking what's happened and "forgetting about it" and I just don't feel right about that. sighs
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Posted

Thoughts from abroad.

JulieW September 15, 2001 11:34AM

More thoughts from abroad and all my sympathies

Nina September 15, 2001 08:33PM

The services from DC and London helped

Inko September 15, 2001 03:41PM

Read some Austen, honey

Laraine September 15, 2001 05:40PM

Adding my thoughts from abroad

Kate2 September 15, 2001 12:10PM

» My response to the events...

Stacy Lynn September 15, 2001 12:46PM

Your feelings are very normal

AnnPac September 15, 2001 01:35PM

Perhaps...

Sabrina September 15, 2001 02:14PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.