CoffeeCup Image Mapper map file

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Airplanes

Jezkalyn
September 15, 2001 09:20PM
<a href="[www.pemberley.com] src="/emote/wherebegin.gif" align=left hspace=8 vspace=4 border=0></a>Most of the time, we put my son to bed at 8 and he will sleep thru until 6am or so. Last night he woke up every two hours. We have been watching the non-stop coverage for days. I am afraid that this has affected my son because every time he woke up last night, he wasn't hungry, he didn't need a change, he wasn't hot, he wasn't cold. He just needed comfort from the troubling feelings permeating our humble abode. So, today, I decided to pack the diaper bag and head out to a local park for a walk.
As I was sitting on the grass with him, I realized that there were planes flying overhead at the rate of about 1 per 5-10 minutes. We live near Newark airport on a take off flight pattern. It has been so quiet around here lately with the airports closed. This was one of the things I had to adjust to when we moved into our current apartment. I hated all the noise. I noticed the silence when they were silenced. I enjoyed it. Then, two days ago, I heard my first military helicopter and a couple of fighter jets fly overhead. I began to think that I would actually be very happy to start hearing commercial flights again.
Today I did.
I will never take normalcy for granted again.
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Posted

» Airplanes

Jezkalyn September 15, 2001 09:20PM

Everything is different

Barbara September 15, 2001 10:23PM

The sounds of silence

kathleen (elder) September 15, 2001 10:47PM

Surrounded by planes.

Brooke E September 16, 2001 04:34AM

Similar here

SueR September 17, 2001 05:43AM

Amen. None of us ever shall. NFM

Maisy September 15, 2001 10:11PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.