CoffeeCup Image Mapper map file

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Surrounded by planes.

Brooke E
September 16, 2001 04:34AM
<a href="[www.pemberley.com] src="/emote/ramt.gif" align=left hspace=8 vspace=4 border=0></a>I live below the approach path for the Santa Monica Airport in LA and I also live close enough to LAX to hear and see the planes. I thought that the silence without the planes was very eerie, and I was very surprised to hear planes and helicopters coming into the smaller Santa Monica Airport as early as Tuesday night. I don't know if their purposes involved New York and Washington or the great fires that are raging in the Northwest, but I knew that their purpose must be serious. I was very happy, though, when I was out and about yesterday (Friday) and I saw several planes coming into and leaving LAX - so many more than I ever thought there could be so soon. As I was watching these planes, so happy that they were there, I also couldn't help but imagine one of them turning off course, and it was frightening to have that visual. I have also noticed that the planes tend to be staying lower. For someone who is affraid of planes crashing into my house anyway (this has happened twice since I've lived here - once less than one block away), this is an added stress I could really do without, especially since I have become so sensitive to noise this past week.
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Posted

Airplanes

Jezkalyn September 15, 2001 09:20PM

Everything is different

Barbara September 15, 2001 10:23PM

The sounds of silence

kathleen (elder) September 15, 2001 10:47PM

» Surrounded by planes.

Brooke E September 16, 2001 04:34AM

Similar here

SueR September 17, 2001 05:43AM

Amen. None of us ever shall. NFM

Maisy September 15, 2001 10:11PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.