CoffeeCup Image Mapper map file

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

But......

September 17, 2001 12:47AM
<a href="[www.pemberley.com] src="/emote/ramt.gif" align=left hspace=8 vspace=4 border=0></a>The flag waving DID take place during "Jeruslaem"-if you watched teh Proms in the Park footage.
Prsonally I was rather sad- and I know a lot of people will not agree with me- that ALL the patriotic songs were left out.
I was glad the fancy dress had gone- I always find some aspects of the Last Night excruciatingly embarrassing.
I agree that the evening had to have a change of tone and teh Barbers Adagio for strigs was almost unbearabley sad.But a touch of Land of HOPE and GLORY and Rule Britannia together with Jeruslaem( which is a conumdrum;look at teh words by Balke.)would not have gone amisss;and I think the Battle Hymn of the Republic would have ended the concert in the right frame of mind.
I bear in mind that teh US Ambassador to the UK wanted teh Memorail Service on friday at St Paul's to be a celeration too and to be uplifting.
we ahv difficult times ahead- ALL of us- and we must all strengthen our reslove if we are to face the next few months.
There is a time to greive but we must not forget what is to come too. A bit of flag waving would not go amiss at the moment.
I was glad to see it in Liverpool,Hyde Park and Gateshed- and there was some in the Albert Hall too.
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Posted

The Last Night of the Proms

Kate2 September 16, 2001 07:01AM

» But......

JulieW September 17, 2001 12:47AM

Rule Britannia

Anne P September 16, 2001 08:49AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.